[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4559: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Dampfradioforum • Thema anzeigen - philips x19t 611 00

Dampfradioforum

Röhrenradioforum: Das Forum für alle Freunde alter Röhrenradios, Kofferradios und Röhrentechnik!
Aktuelle Zeit: Do Mär 28, 2024 16:03

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 18 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: philips x19t 611 00
BeitragVerfasst: Fr Nov 23, 2018 0:49 

Kenntnisstand: Sehr gute Kenntnisse (Hobby)
Hi everyone
i bought 4 philips TV's that belonged to a local repair guy who passed away
i gave 25€ for each

this is the first one i repaired from the four
its a philips X19T 611/00
its mostly tubes but it also has transistors
when first arrived the tuner was frozen and i had to disassemble it and heat the parts with a hair-dryer to get them loose and re-lubricate all of them
the boosterspannung capacitor was shorted and the booster diode was redplating so it had no raster
after replacing that capacitor the High voltage rectifier was glowing purple, probably open filament and emmiting x-rays so i replaced it
now its working very well
i have a video on the tuner repair

i dont have and cannot find a schematic for this set
if anybody has any info it would be fantastic

here it is working on all original capacitors and resistors
Dateianhang:
WP_20181122_23_39_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20181122_23_39_27_Pro.jpg [ 174.45 KiB | 11271-mal betrachtet ]

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: philips x19t 611 00
BeitragVerfasst: Fr Nov 23, 2018 6:21 

Kenntnisstand: Elektrotechnischer Beruf/ Studium
Hi hbsoftware,

like most philips TV-sets from the 50s and 60s - very reliable and only few parts to check/change.

Maby this model https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philips_m ... 3t611.html is similar to your's. It may only have a larger crt. It looks very similar to your model.

regards,
Daniel

Baden Baden, Beromünster, Paris, Rom…
...Eine ganze Welt ist auf der Skala des SABA-Empfängers vereint

BeitragVerfasst: Fr Nov 23, 2018 23:59 

Hi SABA78
thank you!
the schematic is different but it has some similarities, for example the vertical circuit is similar and that is one of the most failure-prone parts of tv's so its good to have that schematic as guidance
it uses a transistor as vertical oscillator and a tube for the output like i expected

best regards
Hugo

BeitragVerfasst: Sa Nov 24, 2018 7:41 
Mitgliedschaft beendet

Kenntnisstand: **Zutreffendes Feld fehlt**
Hello hb,

"like most philips TV-sets from the 50s and 60s very reliable" - not at all. Philips sets from the second half od the sixties, like this one, show defective line output transformers very often - so you can be lucky yours is working (and it is working fine as seen on the picture, crt is very sharp).
Have a look at marcelstvmuseum.com, as far as I remember he has the same one (among many many many others...)

Have much fun with your set - and please show us the other three ones too.

Regards
Stefan

BeitragVerfasst: Mo Nov 26, 2018 1:15 

Hi Klarzeichner and everyone else
yes the zeilentrafos fail often on this sets but i have one replacement for now if one fails
their reliability like saba78 says comes from the fact that they use quality capacitors on them, for example i have a nordmende set and almost all the capacitors were leaky (wima brown capacitors)so it was hard and expensive to repair

i dont like the fact that these tvs have both transistors and tubes, makes the troubleshooting more complex
but they sure have a very nice picture and the philips crts seem to last for very long

so this set is all polished and cleaned and is on the shelf ready to use
Dateianhang:
WP_20181126_00_16_01_Pro.jpg
WP_20181126_00_16_01_Pro.jpg [ 156.94 KiB | 11102-mal betrachtet ]

today i started working on one of the other sets wich has a LOT of hours and is completely dirty with cigarrete crap
Dateianhang:
WP_20181126_00_02_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20181126_00_02_58_Pro.jpg [ 166.45 KiB | 11102-mal betrachtet ]

i got to a point where everything is working fine but i cannot get the vertical to lock
the picture either rolls up or rolls down as i turn the vertical stabilization potentiometer, i can make it roll fast or slow but not lock

so i started testing around the sync separator and the sync pulses for the vertical are present

i replaced a bunch of suspect capacitors around the vertical output and i replaced the vertical output tube
i took some readings with the oscilloscope and the vertical drive waveform is present and looking good but it seems to have low amplitude
from the oscillator to the output section the waveform looks inverted and weird, i included a picture showing it to you (i drawed it in blue)

the waverform frequency changes if i rotate the vertical hold (stabilization) control
i spent the entire afternoon testing and cannot find the problem

the components i highlighted in green were changed, the transistor was changed with an AC125(less current rating) temporarily but as it did not fix the problem i put back the original AC132
please german tv experts give me a help :wut:
Dateianhang:
Sem Título.png
Sem Título.png [ 157.8 KiB | 11102-mal betrachtet ]

BTW i am using the schematic suggested by saba78 wich seems to match this tv almost perfectly atleast on the vertical circuits so thank you a lot
the appropriate schematic is not available anywhere

BeitragVerfasst: Mo Nov 26, 2018 3:30 

here is a video
recorded with the cellphone so sorry for the quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqXGhrCkGM

BeitragVerfasst: Mo Nov 26, 2018 7:03 
Mitgliedschaft beendet

Hb,

you are searching in the wrong place. Vertical deflection works perfectly, as can be seen in your video. What is lacking is synchronisation. The problem lies in the stage in front of Vertical, or with other words: left of the area in the schematics you showed here. Or in even other words, what is controling the grid (pin 2) of the triode.

Stefan

BeitragVerfasst: Mo Nov 26, 2018 16:50 

Kenntnisstand: Elektrotechnischer Beruf/ Studium
Hi Stefan,

How about the vertical amplitude ? In the video the roling picture is much higher than the screen.

Oliver

ollisTubes bei Youtube
ollisTubes bei odysee

BeitragVerfasst: Di Nov 27, 2018 0:10 

hi to all
thank you for the suggestions
adjusting the vertical amplitude has no effect...the picture starts rolling faster but the height is always too much and does not change..
i worked late today so i will not have time for the tv but tomorrow i want to check the potentiometers and resistors around the vertical height and vertical linearity control

here is a block diagram of the tv
Dateianhang:
WP_20181126_00_16_01_Pro.jpg
WP_20181126_00_16_01_Pro.jpg [ 166 KiB | 11009-mal betrachtet ]

it appears it has a germanium transistor for "automatic raster stabilization",it tested good but i tried changing it anyway and it made no effect, i will also check the circuit around it
voltages on the emmiter base and collector are a bit low but present.

BeitragVerfasst: Di Nov 27, 2018 3:51 

Dateianhang:
WP_20181127_02_30_08_Pro (1).jpg
WP_20181127_02_30_08_Pro (1).jpg [ 160.84 KiB | 10995-mal betrachtet ]

so today i tested all the components and connections marked on yellow
including removing the capacitors and testing for leakage...everything perfect
i tested the coils on the vertical output transformer that provide feedback, they measure about 250ohms so they are not open
the main primary and secondary i have not tested because if that was defective i would have no vertical deflection or it would be very limited...

while i was testing the tv, the boost capacitor decided to short...like it does on all philips tvs
so i replaced it, and after that i had to tweak a little bit the horizontal frequency coil in order to get the horizontal to sync again

so everything is like it was before
i will continue the search for the problem

BeitragVerfasst: Di Nov 27, 2018 22:00 

FINALLY SOME SUCESS :bier: :bier: :bier: :bier:

so after seeing the tv's block diagram i insisted on testing around the "automatic raster stabilization transistor"
after replacing the transistor again with another one i had it is working!!!it locks horizontally and vertically
i still have to tweak a bit the horizontal frequency because it takes some seconds for the horizontal to lock

the picture is still too big and linearity is crap but i am relieved for now :super:
now i can order some new parts spend a bit of money in it , maybe disassemble and fully clean the cabinet etc
i will keep you updated

Dateianhang:
WP_20181127_20_49_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20181127_20_49_28_Pro.jpg [ 133 KiB | 10943-mal betrachtet ]

Dateianhang:
WP_20181127_20_50_53_Pro.jpg
WP_20181127_20_50_53_Pro.jpg [ 148.36 KiB | 10943-mal betrachtet ]

BeitragVerfasst: Fr Nov 30, 2018 13:09 
Mitgliedschaft beendet

Congratulations so far!

from Stefan

BeitragVerfasst: So Jan 27, 2019 21:44 

Dateianhang:
WP_20190127_20_32_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20190127_20_32_30_Pro.jpg [ 178.57 KiB | 9438-mal betrachtet ]

Hi to all

i am at a loss with this tv :wut:
the picture is expanded at the top about 10cm and goes out of the screen, like in the previous photo that i posted and no matter what i do i cannot find the problem

after dozens of hours removing components and testing i ended up "shotgunning" the entire vertical section, all the capacitors all the resistors have been tested and changed when necessary
the height and linearity potentiometers and resistors connected to them and all the circuitry around have been checked
all the germanium transistors have been replaced with new ones except in the iF section and the phase detector diodes etc have been checked and they are fine
i have replaced the yoke with a known good one
i have replaced several vertical output tubes
all this with no effect
can this be a sync separator issue or other weird problem?? other than the expanded image the tv seems to be rock solid
can a bad vertical output trafo cause this? picture shifting to the top..?usually the symptom is a lack or absence of deflection, not the opposite

BeitragVerfasst: Di Jan 29, 2019 19:31 
Mitgliedschaft beendet

Hey Nameless,

seems to be tricky. Did you really check the old capictors and resistors in the vertical deflection or did you replace it by perfect material (which is definitely(!!) okay)? For example, C 107, must have perfect isolation values (R isol = infinite). No usual Capacitor tester can tell you this.

Checked the VDR Resistor in parallel to the primary of the vert. output transformer (Can't read the position no.)?

Generally, it is uncomfortable replying on the base of parts of the circuit diagram in which one can hardly read values and position numbers.

The fault should be in the feedback network between "h" and "k" line from output transformer and grid one of the pentode of PCL 805.

VG Stefan

BeitragVerfasst: Do Jan 31, 2019 21:14 

hi stefan, thank you
my name is hugo :super:

all capacitors in the vertical section were removed, tested for capacity AND leakage! all the bad ones replaced by new ones and i tested the new ones also prior to fitting.
the vdr should read open circuit with the DMM right??

i know that a partial schematic is hard to read but unfortunately this site does not allow me to post the entire schematic :| , only images up to 180kb

so from your opinion its not a sync separator issue...only things i did not check on the vertical circuit yet are that VDR and replacing the vertical output transformer (i checked the windings with the multimeter)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 18 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde